Seminar

Seminar

von Faber Peter -
Anzahl Antworten: 16

Liebe Absolventen!

Prof. Jüttner will voraussichtlich am 2020-12-17 ein Seminar für Abschlussarbeiten veranstalten. Das wäre unsere Gelegenheit, uns einfach mal dranzuhängen, um der formalen Bestimmung genügezutun .

Wären Sie bereit, einfach einmal über Ihre Ideen und verwandte Arbeiten zu sprechen?

Untereinander können wir ohnehin noch unsere TechTalks machen.

MfG Peter Faber

Dear graduates!

Prof. Jüttner is poised to organize a seminar for graduate's theses on 2020-12-17. That would be our chance to just go with the flow and have the formal prerequisities done.

Would you be ready to talk about at least your ideas and related work?

Apart from that, we can still hold our TechTalks among ourselves.

Best regards, Peter Faber

Als Antwort auf Faber Peter

Re: Seminar

von Ghodekar Aaisha B. Eng. -

Dear Mr. Faber,

It will be great to know the formal prerequisities forr the master thesis. 

I would be ready to give a brief introduction to my topic and related work. Is there anything else requiredd from our side?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Aaisha Ghodekar

Als Antwort auf Ghodekar Aaisha B. Eng.

von Faber Peter -

Sorry, I had the impression, we already cleared that up. The formal prerequisities are all described at the student's office page:

https://th-deg.de/en/students/documents#bachelor-master-thesis

Basically, you have to register your thesis (with a title and description [plus my signature lächelnd]); from that point on you have 6 months to finish the thesis. You also have to give a talk about it (for that purpose, there is that seminar), and you will have to prepare several copies as described in the register form.

There is also the not-so-formal part about what I see as important in the thesis, which I put together here.

Best regards,

Peter Faber

von Fischer Dominik -
I am not quite sure if I got it right.
So "seminar for graduate's theses" means it is a date for having the formal, required colloquium?

Kind regards
Dominik Fischer
Als Antwort auf Fischer Dominik

von Faber Peter -
Yes. That would be the required colloquium.

Best regards,
Peter Faber

von Fischer Dominik -
Is there any possibility for the colloquium to be a bit later?

As I started in November I am currently missing a lot of my big TODOs. I know we could also present what we plan to do, but I would prefer to add some results or details from my other parts of the thesis.

I think I misunderstood the context of seminar as well. I started my thesis in end of October too. It would be great if we get some more weeks to show outcomes and researched results about the topic. 

von Faber Peter -

I think, you all are over-estimating the impact of this talk lächelnd But I understand that you want to have some first results; and actually, that's a good idea, I think. That's why I asked. It is usually a good idea to have many student talk about their respective topics in a single session.

So, what about 2021-01-14 or 2021-01-21 then?

We may have to conduct this session "alone", though.

Best regards,

Peter Faber

von Fischer Dominik -
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to ask about the date for the seminar.
I guess not all in the ilearn course have answerd yet.
I am happy with both dates, but would prefer the 14th of January.

In addition to the proposed structure, are there any other requirements for the presentation?
Should the talk be in German or English (any preferences)?

von Faber Peter -

Well, Prof. Jüttner did not conduct his seminar last year after all. I've tried to contact him, but he seems a little busy.

What about the others? When would you like to give the talk? Would you oppose to recording it?

BTW: I'd suggest to give the talk in English, just to be sure that everybody can follow. But I don't want to dictate.

Best regards

Peter Faber

Hello Everyone,

I would prefer 2021-01-21 for the seminar.
I will be giving my presentation in English. Is there any time constraints on how long the presentation should be ?
Thank you
Best Regards
Als Antwort auf Ghodekar Aaisha B. Eng.

von Fischer Dominik -

As far as I know 20-30 minutes

von Faber Peter -

Dear graduates!

Prof. Jüttner and I could finally agree on a date. I hope that's OK with you, too.

We're planning to conduct a joint seminar (with Bachelor / Master Computer Science) on

2021-01-21

from 13:00 to 16:00

We expect all participant to be present (online) for the whole time. Each talk should last 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for discussion.

You can register for the seminar by enrolling to the course AI Bachelor/Master Kolloquium.

I don't know the conference room yet. For the time being I'd assume

[http://lecture.webconf.peterfaber.net)[http://lecture.webconf.peterfaber.net)

I hope that's OK for all of you.

Best regards,

Peter Faber

von Fischer Dominik -
Thanks for the info, that's fine for me. Unfortunately I cannot enroll to the course
"Sie können sich nicht mehr einschreiben, weil die Einschreibung am Dienstag, 11. Februar 2020, 23:59 beendet wurde."

von Fischer Dominik -
I just wanted to ask if there is anything new about the date?
What do you mean with recording? Does that mean, that we record our presentation and everbody can watch for themselves or that we have a fixed date for the presentations and the session will be recorded?

von Faber Peter -
OK, just to clear this up a bit:

The seminar is a formal requirement (although there is no grade given). Therefore, a clean procedure involves the presence of two professors during this event (which can be quite difficult given our schedules lächelnd ). Alternatively, we could produce a protocol of the event; the most helpful form of a protocol in that case would be a video recording that can be viewed by another professor, therefore, that's the alternative I'd propose.

However, the easiest way would be to just give a talk when everyone else does, and the next possibility for that is the 21st of January.

That does not mean that you *have* to take that chance, but it's the possibility coming up next.

Best regards,

Peter Faber